Published on Tuesday, 14 December 2010
Written by The Editors
NSF is collecting nominations for its 2011 Food Safety Leadership Awards which recognize excellence in food safety and encourage individuals to continually develop advancements that raise the level of foodservice food safety for the consuming public. Entries are due February 1, 2011.
Now in its eighth year, the NSF Food Safety Leadership Awards recognizes individuals in eight foodservice-related categories:
- Education, providing the foundation for understanding foodservice food safety concepts.
- Equipment Design, inventive design and development of equipment in foodservice food safety.
- Packaging Innovation, creation or advances in food safe packaging.
- Product Development, product innovation and development to improve food safety.
- Research Advances, further study, analysis and investigation for improved food safety.
- System Improvement, the addition or upgrade of a process or program that improves food safety. Technology Breakthroughs, overcoming and furthering the advancement in the science of food safety.
- Training, an educational activity that focuses on learning job related knowledge and activities and builds upon educational aspects.
- Lifetime Achievement Award, recognizes leaders within the foodservice industry who have made significant contributions to advancing food safety.
Anyone unsure of their appropriate category can elect to have the Food Safety Leadership Jury Selection Committee decide the nomination category.
Additional information about NSF's Food Safety Leadership Awards is available here.
- 2015 Top Achievers
One of the foodservice industry's most endearing traits remains the si...