Here, Juan Martinez, principal at Profitality in Miami, provides tips and considerations when purchasing a commercial juicer.
- Controls are digital and computerized for easy operation.
- Plastic or metal containers are available.
- Operators need to take noise into account with these machines, although there’s been a tremendous amount of improvement in this area. Operation is quieter than in the past.
- Capacity, size and frequency of use will determine the necessary number of juicers. Keep in mind that juicers typically need to rest and cool off in between jobs so as not to burn out the motor.
- Labor and staff skills should be taken into account when purchasing a juicer. Some units are more sophisticated than others.
- The juicer workstation should be laid out for efficient production. Some include all of the components, such as cups, refrigeration, etc., but all should provide easy access to ingredients.
- Assess how easy the juicer is to assemble and disassemble for cleaning and preventative maintenance.