Below, Christopher Warren, director of operations for Joe Warren & Sons Co. Inc., Norwood, Mass., provides detailed cleaning and maintenance tips for conveyor ovens.
- Use a non-caustic cleaner and cloth to clean the outside surfaces. Always clean with the grain, then rinse with clean, warm water, and polish with a stainless-steel cleaner.
- Clean the conveyor belt daily with a wire brush. Then, remove and clean the crumb tray, baffles, and other removable parts with warm water and a non-caustic degreaser before rinsing.
- Clear the inside of the oven of all crumbs, clean with a mild detergent and rinse all areas with warm water afterward.
- Check to make sure all air intake vents remain clear, clean and free of all debris.
- Inspect the gas hose for any kinks and ensure the connector is firmly locked in on gas models.
- Ensure the conveyor belt sprockets are between the belt links and not on them. As necessary, reposition the sprockets and tighten the set screw.
- Always allow at least 6 inches from any wall for proper air circulation.
- Regularly check all switches, signal lights, knobs, line cords, etc., for proper operation.
- If service issues do arise, contact your local service agent to further examine the unit.