Follow these service tips for blast chillers:
- Ensure the integrity of the equipment’s cooling chamber, which is essential since blast chillers bring food to safe holding temperatures extremely quickly. Clean the gaskets on a blast chiller at least once a week. Once a day, in fact, may actually be preferable.
- Keep the condenser coils as clean as possible. This will help the unit work properly, limit its energy consumption and even prolong its life.
- Clean blast chillers’ interior chamber after each use. Do not use abrasive chemicals or scouring pads. Instead, use a cloth and warm, soapy water.
- Clean drains, drain lines and food probes on a regular basis. Clean probes of any food particles before use.
- Make sure the fan on a blast chiller remains free of any debris.