Maintenance procedures for pot and pan washers are similar to traditional warewashers. There are a number of tasks that can help ensure operators obtain a long service life from the units.
- Clean pot and pan washers need daily. Remove food waste from baskets or scrap screens at least once a day to ensure the unit runs properly.
- Brush off wash arms daily for optimum results.
- Auto pump and drain units have a sensor that can become clogged or blocked with dough, seeds and other food debris. Check this sensor periodically and wipe it with a rag monthly.
- Regular deliming procedures should be in place or water treatment systems utilized to keep lime scale to a minimum.
- Occasionally clean and wipe the washer's fan motor.
- Periodically check fuses and bearings, as well as keep an eye out for leaks to make sure the machine is running smoothly.