Foodservice Equipment & Supplies named The District on West Green in Boyd Hall at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, its 2017 Facility Design Project of the Year. FE&S will recognize the design team for this project during its 2017 Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards Gala, which takes place May 20 at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.
FE&S also announced the judges recognized Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando and Wilkerson Commons at the University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, with Honorable Mentions.
Here are some of the key players from The District design team:
- Owner: Ohio University
- Associate Vice President, Auxiliaries: Gwyn Scott
- Director, Culinary Services/Asst. Professor: Rich Neumann, MS, FMP
- Director, Auxiliaries Operations: Mohamed Ali
- Associate Director, Auxiliaries Operations: Kent Scott
- General Manager, The District on West Green: Dennis Washington
- Executive Chef, Culinary Services: Jeffrey Arthur
- Architect of Record: Davis Wince Ltd. Architecture, Powell, Ohio; Rebecca Fox, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, project architect
- Interior Design: Davis Wince Ltd. Architecture, Powell, Ohio; Tom Davis, AIA; and Lynette Bush Clouse, NCIDQ, LEED AP BD+C, director of Interiors and Renovations, Ohio University
- Foodservice Design Consultants: Ricca Design Studios, Greenwood Village, Colo.; Leonard D. Condenzio, FCSI, partner-in-charge of design; Phillip Landgraf, principal, Charlotte, N.C.
- Equipment Dealer: TriMark SS Kemp, Cleveland; Heather Boden
- General Contractor: Setterlin Building Co., Columbus, Ohio
- Structural Engineer: Kabil Associates, Columbus, Ohio
- MEP Engineer: Korda/Nemeth Engineering, Columbus, Ohio; Jim Demsky, PE, LEED AP, partner
- Lighting Designer: Tec Studio, Columbus, Ohio; Ardra Zinkon
- Landscape Architect: Vivian Llambi & Associates, Cincinnati, Ohio
FE&S’ Dealer of the Year and Industry Awards gala recognizes the foodservice community’s brightest stars by presenting them with some of the industry’s most time-honored awards. Held each year on the Saturday of the National Restaurant Association’s trade show in Chicago, this event brings together the best of the best to celebrate the on-going success of the foodservice industry.