The 2016 Culinary Competition Finalists are:
- Kris Ankeny, Reid Health (Richmond, Ind.): Fire Roasted Poblano Flank Steak over Cheesy Potato Grits
- Todd Daigneault and Daniel Kous, Overlook Medical Center (Summit, N.J.): Gluten Free Greek Herb and Potato Crusted Lamb Tenderloin with Potato Caviar and Refried Bean Cold Noodles
- Timothy Gee and Michael Kasperek, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (New Brunswick, N.J.): Sous Vide Saffron Sea Bass with Orange Infused Tomato & Basil, Zucchini Ribbons & Refried Bean Potato Pancake
- John Graziano and Jason Nyman, The Valley Hospital (Ridgewood, N.J.): Tex-Mex Chicken & Waffles
- Jacob Kuchan and Drew Patterson, OSU Wexner Medical Center (Columbus, Ohio): Poached Sockeye Salmon with Potato Crusted Vichyssoise, Cherry Tomatoes and Shittake Mushrooms Glazed in a Roasted Potato Sauce, and Scallions
The AHF Culinary Competition will take place June 8 in conjunction with the association’s annual conference in Dallas. This year’s competition will take place at 3015 Trinity Groves, Dallas’ renowned culinary event venue known as an incubator for innovation and entrepreneurialism.
The winning dish must fit within the stated nutritional guidelines — cost less than $8 to produce, be delicious and appropriate to serve in a facility on regular menu rotation, whether retail, catering or patient feeding. These teams and their dishes will be judged on organization, culinary skills, taste and presentation. The originality and creative use of the mystery item will account for five points during judging. The top three winners will be awarded prizes and medals.