The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) recognized nine foodservice operators with its 2016 Silver Plate Awards.
2016 Silver Plate winners:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: Thom Sehnert, founder/owner & president, Annie Gunn's and The Smokehouse Market.
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept: Stephen Carley, CEO, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
- Chain Limited Service: Charlie Morrison, president and CEO, Wingstop, Inc.
- Healthcare: Diane Imrie, director of Nutrition Services, University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Jeff Denton, director of Child Nutrition Programs, Ponca City Public Schools.
- Colleges & Universities: Rafi Taherian, associate vice president, Yale Hospitality, Yale University
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Mike Barclay, president, Southern Foodservice Management, Inc.
- Specialty Foodservice: Rick Abramson, executive vice president & chief operating officer, Delaware North Companies.
- Hotels & Lodging: Wolfgang Lindlbauer, chief discipline leader, Global Operations, Marriott International
Silver Plate winners are nominated by IFMA members and industry leaders and then selected by a distinguished jury, including national trade press editors, foodservice experts and past award winners. From the Silver Plate winners, one is chosen by the jury to receive the foodservice industry's most prestigious recognition, IFMA's 2016 Gold Plate Award.