Published on Friday, 01 March 2013
Written by The Editors
Awards to be presented in Chicago in May.
The International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) announced the recipients of the 2013 Silver Plate Awards, which recognize excellence in eight segments of foodservice operations. One of these winners will be named the 2013 IFMA Gold Plate Award winner at the 59th Annual Gold & Silver Plate Celebration, May 20, 2013 in Chicago, Ill.
The 2013 Silver Plate winners are:
- Independent Restaurants/Multi-Concept: John Metz, CEO, executive chef and co-founder, Sterling Hospitality
- Chain Full Service/Multi-Concept: Harald Herrmann, president and CEO, Yard House
- Chain Limited Service: Don Fox, CEO, Firehouse Subs
- Health Care: Angelo Mojica, director of nutrition and services/associate professor, UNC Hospitals/UNC Gillings School of Global Health
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Julia Bauscher, director, school and community nutrition Services, Jefferson County Public Schools
- Colleges & Universities: Ken Toong, executive director, auxiliary enterprises, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Jay Silverstine, vice president, conference and dining services, Credit Suisse
- Hotels & Lodging: James Purdum, general manager, hospitality services, Penn State University
- 2015 Top Achievers
One of the foodservice industry's most endearing traits remains the si...