Published on Tuesday, 03 July 2012
Written by The Editors
Healthcare foodservice professionals and suppliers recognized during AHF's annual conference.
The Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF) presented seven annual awards to 11 individuals. AHF recognized a series of members and suppliers for their leadership and achievement in the healthcare foodservice industry.
The 2012 AHF award winners include the following:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Laura Watson, director, patient support services Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, Utah
- AHF Making a Difference Award: Marty Rothschild, president, Aladdin Temp-Rite, Hendersonville, Tenn.
- Exemplary Leadership Award: Becky Amt, director, nutrition service/safety officer, Indiana University Health Morgan Hospital, Martinsville, Ind.
- Future Horizons Award: Yusie Kim, retail services supervisor, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York City
- Partnership in Leadership Award: Jim Behnke, director, nutrition services; and Jay Dennard, chief operating officer, Gwinnett Medical Center, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Spotlight Award: Steve Howell, director nutrition services, Lexington Medical Center, West Columbia, S.C.; and Tom Thaman, foodservice director, Wishard Health Services, Indianapolis
- President Special Service Award: Todd Griffith, Alto-Shaam, Inc., Westminster, Md.; Dan Henroid; University of California San Francisco Medical Center; San Francisco; and Julie Jones, Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio