Published on Monday, February 20, 2012
Written by The Editors
List includes winners for independent restaurants, full service chains and healthcare, among others.
The International Food Manufacturers Association announced the winners of its 2012 Silver Plate Awards. This program recognizes foodservice operators across nine different industry-related segments.
- Independent Restaurants: Phil Fahrenbruch, executive chef, Bavarian Inn of Frankenmuth, Frankenmuth, Mich.
- Chain Full Service: Clarence Otis Jr., chairman and COO, Darden Restaurants, Orlando
- Chain Fast Service: Cheryl Bachelder, president and CEO, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen / AFC Enterprises Inc., Atlanta
- Healthcare: Dan Henroid, MS, RD, director, nutrition and food services, UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
- Elementary & Secondary Schools: Lyman Graham, food services director, Roswell Independent School District, Carlsbad Municpal Schools, Dexter Consolidated Schools, Roswell, N.M.
- Colleges & Universities: Mary Molt, PhD, RD, LD, assistant director, Housing and Dining Services, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
- Specialty Foodservices: Ricky Clark, CDM, CFPP, CFSM, CCFP, training and development coordinator, supervisor‐DMA Chair, Academy for Staff Development, Virginia Department of Corrections, Crozier, Va.
- Business & Industry/Foodservice Management: Mark Freeman, senior manager of Global Employee Services, Microsoft (Real Estate & Facilities), Redmond, Wash.
- Hotels & Lodging: Frank Weber, vice president of food and beverage operations, Royal Caribbean International and Azamara Club Cruise Lines, Miami