Seven women recognized at twelfth annual awards gala
Women Chefs & Restaurateurs (WCR) honored women who have demonstrated excellence in the culinary and hospitality industries at its 12th Annual Women Who Inspire gala.
WCR's 2011 Women Who Inspire Award recipients are:
• Barbara Lynch, chef/owner Barbara Lynch Gruppo, was awarded the Barbara Tropp President's Award.
• Ann Cooper, director of nutrition services for Boulder Valley School District, received the Community Service Award.
• JoAnne Cloughly, associate professor, culinary arts for State University of New York, was recognized with the Educator of the Year award.
• Judy Mattera, chef/owner of Sweet Solutions, received the Golden Bowl Award.
• Cynthia Gold, tea sommelier for Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers was awarded the Golden Goblet Service Award.
• Kerry Leigh Heffernan, executive chef of Aidells Sausage Company, received the Golden Plow Award.
• Lydia Shire, owner of Scampo and chef/co-owner of Locke-Ober, received the Golden Whisk Award.
2012 Best In Class Winners
See who FE&S readers named this year’s Best In Class winners. Manufacturers were evaluated for product quality, product value, product design and aesthetics, service and support, sales reps, product inventory and available product information. Click here to see the complete results.