Published on Monday, May 23, 2011
Written by The Editors
The Hennessy/Hill Awards recognize top Air Force and Marine Corps foodservice facilities during the NRA Show 2011.
Ten military foodservice operations were recognized as part of the 2011 U.S. Air Force's John L. Hennessy Awards and U.S. Marine Corp's Gen. W.P.T. Hill Awards. The award winners were announced during the 2011 National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago.
The 2011 John L. Hennessy Award winners are:
- Multiple Facility Base: Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- Single Facility Base: Kirtland AFB, N.M.
- AFGSC Best in Missile Feeding Operations: 91st Space Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
- USAFE Food Service Small Site Award: 702nd Munitions Support Squadron, Buechel Air Base, Germany
The 2011 Major General W.P.T. Hill Award winners are:
- Best Military/Contractor Garrison Mess Hall: Mess Hall 1223, Camp Kinser, MCB Camp S.D. Butler, Okinawa, Japan
- Best Reserve Field Mess: HQSVCo, 6th ESB, 4th MLG, Portland, Ore.
- Best Full Food Service Contracted Garrison Mess Hall: Mess Hall 1660, MAGTF-TC, 29 Palms, Calif.
- Best Active Field Mess: CLR 27, 2nd MLG, II MEF, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
The 2011 Hennessy Travelers' Association (HTA) Award of Excellence was also presented. This award honors Airmen who exemplify the highest standards of professionalism, attitude and culinary skill:
- Multiple-Facility Category: SRA Melissa R. Caballero, Barksdale AFB, La.
- Single-Facility Category: A1C Rebecca A. LaBelle, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.