Published on Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Written by The Editors
Through its annual Tabletop Performance Awards, FE&S recognizes excellence in the strategic and functional application of permanent tableware in five categories. Foodservice operators, dealers and manufacturers are welcome to submit entries to this awards competition. The deadline to submit an entry is Jan. 4, 2011.
Foodservice professionals can enter tabletop installations in any of the following categories:
- Independent Restaurant with Per Person Check Average More Than $30
- Independent Restaurant with Per Person Check Average Less Than $30
- Catering/Banquet Facility
- On-Site Foodservice
Guidelines for this year’s competition include:
- The competition recognizes a tabletop installation, meaning the way all the products work together. This is not a competition that recognizes individual tabletop items.
- Installations must fit into one of the five categories and must have been completed after Dec. 1, 2008.
- Judges may choose to disqualify entries if they do not feel they have enough information.
- Deadline to submit is Jan. 4, 2011
Please provide a complete list of the following items used in the tabletop installation. The list should include manufacturer’s name, the product name and size (when appropriate) for each of the following items:
To be eligible for judging all entries must include the following:
- Photos of the tabletop (food is ok but not necessary)
- A sample menu (photo copies are ok)
- Complete list of those people who helped assemble the tabletop (can include manufacturers, dealers, foodservice operator staff, etc.)
- Brief description of the operation: How old it is, service type, menu and target audience and any other relevant information
- Describe the goals and objectives of this particular tabletop installment. In other words: what type of impression were you trying to make on the customers and how does the tabletop support the menu.
Please send entries to:
FE&S 2011 Tabletop Excellence Awards
110 E. Schiller St.
Attention: Joe Carbonara
- FED Talks…
It is time once again to begin the process of identifying the win...