The Manufacturers’ Agents Association for the Foodservice Industry recognized the contributions 21 reps and manufacturers make to the industry through the organization’s biennial awards.
MAFSI Manufacturer Rising Star Award
The following individuals received the MAFSI Manufacturer Rising Star Award:
- Ryan Catarozoli – Hatco Corporation
- Ryan Feasel – Globe Food Equipment Corporation
- Roxanne Holt – Vulcan Food Equipment Group
- John Nackley Jr., CFSP – InterMetro Industries Corporation
- Shaun Tanner – Winston Industries
This first-time award recognizes an emerging leader at a manufacturer, age 40 or younger, whose record reflects ongoing and exceptional growth in contribution to the profession, and increased levels of leadership and responsibility.
MAFSI Rep Rising Star Award
The following individuals received the MAFSI Rep Rising Star Award:
- Chris East – Chrane Foodservice Solutions, MAFSI Region 15 – Texas / Oklahoma
- Joe Ferri Jr., CPMR, CFSP – Pecinka Ferri Associates, MAFSI Region 3 – NewYork Metro
- Dustin Gill – Premier Equipment Group Inc., MAFSI Region 12 – SoutheastCentral
- Alex Hansen, CFSP – The Hansen Group, MAFSI Region 12 – Southeast Central
- Brian Henry – Wyllie Marketing, MAFSI Region 01 – New England
- Brian McCormick – Griffin Marketing Group Inc., MAFSI Region 11 – Carolinas
Another first-time award, this recognizes an emerging leader at a representative firm, age 40 or younger, whose record reflects ongoing and exceptional growth in contribution to the profession, and increased levels of leadership and responsibility.
Honorary Member, Special Recognition and Chapter of the Year Awards
MAFSI presented its Honorary Member Award to Vyacheslav “Slava” Gladushyn of Scopic Software.
Stephanie Perry, Permul Ltd., MAFSI Region 26 – Canada received the Special Recognition Award, which goes to a MAFSI representative members for their leadership and contributions to the success of their regional chapter.
MAFSI Region 18 – Wisconsin/Upper Michigan, received the Bill Loveless Chapter of the Year Award as encouragement and recognition for exceptional achievement as a MAFSI regional chapter, as active and effective chapters are needed to achieve MAFSI’s goals and further the mission and vision of the association.
MAFSI Market Mover Award
The MAFSI Market Mover Award is presented to individuals or organizations from manufacturer member companies as recognition for achievement as a MAFSI regional chapter, as active and effective chapters are needed to achieve MAFSI’s goals and further the mission and vision of the association. achievement, and philosophy, demonstrated leadership qualities that are significant to the advancement of the representative function and foodservice industry.
Three individuals earned the MAFSI Market Mover award, presented for their support of MAFSI and its chapters:
- Ken Gallagher, vice president of global sales, T&S Brass and Bronze Works
- Deb Hanson, CFSP, vice president of sales, Vulcan Food Equipment Group
- Mark Pumphret, national sales manager, Hatco Corporation
The Pacesetter Award goes to individuals who work for MAFSI representative member companies who demonstrate the highest degree of devotion and distinguished service in conjunction with MAFSI projects and activities. This year’s awards were presented to three individuals:
- Jeff Couch,Preferred Marketing Group, MAFI Region 22 – Southern California
- Wayne Jones, CFSP, The Hansen Group, MAFSI Region 12 – Southeast Central
- James Mathis, CPMR, CFSP, Equipment Preference Inc., MAFSI Region 15 –Texas / Oklahoma
MAFSI presented the Tony Award to Joe Ferri of Pecinka Ferri Associates in recognition of the time and effort he put forth to assist in welfare and progress of the organization.