Published on Wednesday, 21 May 2014
Written by The Editors
Duo recognized for their excellence in foodservice education.
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation and Golden Corral presented the James H. Maynard Excellence in Education Award to Penny Reynolds of Carson High School (Nev.) and Cecilia Stec of Kentlake High School (Wash.). Golden Corral presents the award annually to a pair of ProStart educators who excel both in and out of the classroom. Additionally, more than 30 educators were named recipients of the 2014 ProStart Educator of Excellence Award.
The James H. Maynard Excellence in Education Award was established in 2002 in commemoration of Golden Corral's 30th anniversary and as a tribute to Maynard, the company's chairman and founder. Reynolds and Stec were selected from the group of 35 ProStart Educator Excellence Award winners for 2014.
ProStart Educator Excellence Awardees include:
- Darcy Glagolich, Kodiak High School, Kodiak, Alaska
- Jennifer Park, Conway Are Career Center, Conway, Ark.
- Adrian Schueneman, Pacific Grove High School, Pacific Grove, Calif.
- Katy Waskey, ThunderRidge High School, Highlands Ranch, Colo.
- Nathaniel Bradshaw, Wilbur Cross High School, New Haven, Conn.
- Jennifer Cornell, Cape Henlopen High School, Lewes, Del.
- Rick Ceglio, Sickles High School, Tampa, Fla.
- Debbie Grant, Maxwell High School of Technology, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Thomas Dwyer, Oswego High School, Oswego, Ill.
- Shelley Rust, Kokomo Area Career Center, Kokomo, Ind.
- Elaine Wolf, Des Moines Central Campus High School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Glenna Nance, Blue Valley Academy, Overland Park, Kan.
- Carolyn Senac, Mandeville High School, Mandeville, La.
- Faith Kling, Edmondson-Westside High School, Baltimore
- Robin Bergeron, Barnstable High School, Barnstable, Mass.
- Joe Carmolli, Careerline Tech Center, Holland, Mich.
- Lois Lewis, Indus School, Birchdale, Minn.
- Suzanne Raley, Clark County Career & Tech School, Quitman, Miss.
- Cheryl Landers, Grandview High School, Grandview, Mo.
- Suzanne Myers, Scottsbluff High School, Scottsbluff, Neb.
- Penny Reynolds, Carson High School Culinary Arts, Carson City, Nev.
- Thomas Patierno, James Caldwell High School, West Caldwell, N.J.
- Glenda DePaula, Pojoaque Valley High School, Santa Fe, N.M.
- Peter Desmond, Questar III, Columbia-Greene Education Center, Castleton-on-Hudson, N.Y.
- Shelley Harper, Swansboro High School, Swansboro, N.C.
- Debra Bates, Lancaster High School, Lancaster, Ohio
- Heidi Larson, Tualatin High School, Tualatin, Ore.
- Linda Musch, Chariho Career and Technical Center, Junction, R.I.
- Chris Moree, Anderson Career and Technology Center, Williamston, S.C.
- LaKisha Jordan, McIntosh School District & Lemmon High School, Lemmon, S.D.
- Richmond Flowers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, Tenn.
- Reginald Martin, Westside High School, Houston, Texas
- Kay Morgan, Murray High School, Murray, Utah
- Lee DeMatteo, Spotsylvania Career & Technical Center, Spotsylvania, Va.
- Cecilia Stec, Kentlake High School, Kent, Wash.
- Lesa Kay Spears, Academy of Career and Technology, Beckley, W.V.
- Lynn Borski, Lincoln High School, Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.
- FED Talks…
It is time once again to begin the process of identifying the win...