Published on Monday, February 25, 2013
Written by The Editors
Officers and board members from across the United States and a variety of executive positions.
The National Restaurant Association and the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation announced elected new officers to its Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, respectively, effective January 1, 2013. In addition, the Association and the Educational Foundation have named several industry leaders to join their respective boards.
The National Restaurant Association's 2013 officers are:
- Chair: Philip J. Hickey, Jr., CEO of Jocks II, Inc., Atlanta
- Vice Chair: Marshall L. "Ken" Conrad, chairman, Libby Hill Seafood Restaurants, Greensboro, N.C.
- Treasurer: Jack Crawford, president and CEO, Ground Round Independent Owners Cooperative (IOC), Freeport, Maine
In addition, the National Restaurant Association has added new members to its board. The newly elected board directors include the following individuals:
- Glenn Brady, president, Silver Gulch Brewing and Bottling, Fox, Alaska
- Ed Choe, president, Doherty Enterprises, Inc., Allendale, N.J.
- Don Fox , CEO, Firehouse of America, Jacksonville, Fla.
- Susan P. Gambardella, vice president, Wendy's Global Account Team of Coca-Cola Refreshments, Atlanta
- Trey Hester, president, Rocky Rococo Corporation in Oconomowoc, Wis.
- Maureen O. Hurley, executive vice president/chief administrative officer, Rich Products Corporation, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Lisa Ingram, president and COO, Restaurant Division of White Castle System, Inc., Columbus, Ohio
- Lyndon S. Johnson, president, Reciprocity Restaurant Group LLC, Tulsa, Okla.
- Anthony Joseph, president, Concessions International, LLC, Atlanta
- John Longstreet, president and CEO, Quaker Steak & Lube, Sharon, Pa.
- Karen L. Luey, executive vice president, chief financial and administrative officer, Jamba, Inc., Emeryville, Calif.
- Lisa McEuen, executive vice president of Business Excellence of Compass Group, North America, Mountain View, Calif.
- Sheila Stanziale, president, Diageo-Guinness USA, Norwalk, Conn.
- Kelli Valade, COO, Chili's Grill & Bar, Brinker International, Inc., Dallas
These new directors will serve from January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2015.
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation's 2013 officers are:
- Chair: Denise Marie Fugo, FMP, chairman and CEO of Sammy's, Cleveland
- Vice Chair: Michael Gibbons, president and CEO, Mainstreet Ventures Inc., Ann Arbor, Mich.
The newly elected Educational Foundation trustees include:
- Joyce Mazero, partner, Haynes & Boone LLP, Richardson, Texas
- Walter Scheib, former White House chef and owner of The American Chef Inc., Great Falls, Va.
These new trustees will serve on the Educational Foundation's board from January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2015.