Published on Sunday, 12 August 2012
Written by The Editors
Awards handed out for growth and more.
Pizza Inn, Inc. recognized a series of franchisees with its collection of annual awards.
- Keith Herrley, franchise owner of Pizza Inn in Big Spring, Texas, received the Restaurant of the Year Award.
- Tom Smith, franchise owner of two Pizza Inn locations in Springfield, Mo., received the Griff Glover Franchisee of The Year Award symbolizing exemplary dedication to customer satisfaction, community service and leadership.
- Tim Broome, franchise owner of Pizza Inn locations in Elizabethton and Johnson City, Tenn., received the first annual H.M. Poythress Award for consistently demonstrating a passion for the highest quality products and exemplary service for the Pizza Inn brand.
- Bill Simmons, franchise owner of Pizza Inn locations in High Point and Shelby, N.C., received the Extreme Makeover Award in recognition of his accomplishments in sales growth and customer satisfaction through renovations and upgrades to his restaurants.
- Chef Andy Wittman, Pizza Inn culinary operations manager, received the Golden Crust Award as voted on by franchisees for the Pizza Inn corporate employee who goes above and beyond.
- Ed Copeland Sr., franchise owner of Pizza Inn in Henderson, N.C. and a partner in several locations, received the Legacy Award for his longevity and contributions during the past 40 years.