This smoked hummus recipe and photos are courtesy of University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Join us for A Taste of Alto-Shaam demo event to learn more about Alto-Shaam’s foodservice equipment system solutions.
Introduce a new flavor students will love by cold smoking hummus. Use an Alto-Shaam smoker oven or combi oven to make this recipe from scratch.
- Garbanzo Beans 10 pound can
- Olive Oil 1-1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoon
- Lemon Juice 3-1/3 Tablespoon + 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt Kosher 1-3/4 Teaspoon
- Garlic Minced Water Pack 1 Tablespoon + 1/2 Teaspoon
- Parsley Italian 3 Tablespoon + 1/2 Teaspoon
- Paste Tahini Sesame 3 Ounce
- Paprika, Ground
Yield: 3 pounds or 24-1/4 cups.
- Drain garbanzo beans and place into a perforated pan. Place in a preheated smoker on the lowest heat setting. Smoke for 45 minutes.
- Place all ingredients with the exception of the olive oil and parsley into a food processor. Turn on and slowly add in oil until it has all been added. If consistency is not smooth and fluffy, add additional olive oil, 1T at a time with the processor on, until the desired consistency has been reached.
- Turn food processor off. Drop rough chopped parsley into robocoup and pulse 2 to 3 times
- Place finished product in service vessel and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a dusting of paprika