Does the cold weather have your customers asking for soup? Even if you live in a warmer climate, it’s simple to make broth from scratch overnight while using a Cook & Hold oven. This recipe allows you to make the most of the chickens that you are cooking with in your kitchen.
- Chicken bones
- Cold water
- Bring chicken bones up to a simmer on the stove in a stock pot.
- Add mirepoix, bring to a simmer and skim the top.
- Place stock into the Cook & Hold oven.
- Cook at 300° F for seven hours; hold overnight at 165° F.
- Strain out stock, chill and discard the solidified fat from the surface.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out Alto-Shaam’s Culinary Institute.